Thursday, March 12, 2009

Products I Like: Geeta's Indian Sauces


As much as I enjoy creating sauces from scratch, I don't always have the time or patience and just want a good quick meal after a long day at work.

I love Indian cuisine and have found a few good store bought sauces that are worth trying in your kitchen. My favorite prepared sauces come from Geeta's. Geet's makes a wide variety of Indian standbys like Rogan Josh, Saag, and Makhani to name a few.

I find all the you need to have a good quick meal is some sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts and coarsely chopped onions. The Spice & Stir Geeta sauces come with a plastic top with a tablespoon of spice that you coat your chicken slices with as you saute them in a pan of olive oil.

Once the chicken is cooked, add the onions and let them get translucent for about 3 minutes. Add the jar of sauce and just a little bit of water (maybe 25% of the empty jar filled with water to thin the sauce a bit.) Serve with some rice and Naan bread.

---

Note: Even though the picture above shows the Saag sauce in my cupboard, it was the first time I used this sauce flavor and it was not as good as some others I enjoy like Karai Bhuna and Jalfrezi.

No comments:

Post a Comment